Do I have to download and install?
No. You can use Gemini on-demand by using our cloud service. You pay a low monthly fee and can cancel at any time.
Can I Host Gemini on Windows Azure?
Follow these instructions to install Gemini on Windows Azure.
Which OS does Gemini support?
You can install and use Gemini on Windows operating systems:
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 10
- Windows Server 2008 to Windows Server 2019
Which database systems does Gemini support?
You can use Gemini with the following database systems:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 to Microsoft SQL Server 2019
Does Gemini require Microsoft.NET?
Please follow the pre-requisites link below for the version of Microsoft .Net that is required.
Using IIS 6
The following steps will need to be followed if you are installing Gemini 5.x or later on a server that is running IIS 6.
- Right click on the website or application in IIS and select Properties.
- Using the Virtual Directory tab (Home Directory for some versions of IIS) click on the configuration button at the bottom of the menu.
- From the Mappings tab, select the .aspx extension and click 'edit'.
- Copy the full executable path (should be the aspnet_isapi.dll).
- Go back to the Mappings tab and select .mvc and click edit (or add if it does not exist)
- Paste the path to the aspnet_isapi.dll in the window. Verbs should be at least 'get, post, head, debug', and make sure 'verify that file exists' is unchecked and click OK.
- Go back to the mapping screen and 'Insert a Wildcard Application Map' (.*), Paste the aspnet_isapi.dll in the same path and uncheck 'verify that file exists'. Once done click OK.
Gemini & Windows Authentication
For deployment scenarios where Windows Authentication is required, ensure the IIS Application Pool assigned to the Gemini instance is using the
Network Service account. For further information regarding the configuration of Gemini to utilize Windows Authentication, please click here.